Thursday, November 6, 2008

I want more rainy days like this...

I love the four seasons. The coolness of the air as the leaves change colors to golden orange hues remind me of the passing time and the preciousness of it all. I used to love walking in the rain kicking the water up off the sidewalk and getting soaked when I was a kid. Even now I like the cool drizzly mists that signals the coming of winter here in California.

We couldn't stand being cooped up in the house any more- there is only so much coloring and playing you can do inside- and decided to go for a walk in the pouring rain. All dressed in raingear, high boots and umbrella, the kids still loved kicking up the water after cautiously measuring how high it would come up.

Nothing like going for a long walk in the cool rain to come home to a cup of hot cocoa with little marshmallows floating on top....... "Just like Curious George" Dylan says......

I want more days like this......






No comments: