Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Post with mailbox

I found these cute little mailboxes at Target and wanted to make something special for my twins' preschool teachers for Valentines Day.

I have wrapped the box completely in the past because they were plain or base metal but these wer so pretty in their metallic pink, I did not want to cover it up.

so I used a strip of Candy Lane designer paper in the middle and stamped some hearts in StazOn and then heart cut out after stamping on pink pirouette with ridinghood red. I put a little bling where the flag hinges and tied a bunch of different ribbons.

The only issue with these mailboxes is that they are too small for my A2 size cards. Solution? make 3x3 gift cards- they fit perfectly into the box- I got the envelopes at the M store- you know who I mean- in a package of premade cards- I am patiently waiting for Sizzix to come out with a 3x3 envelope die!


So here is what went inside: a set of cards using textured CS with accents by Sweet stems colored in with watercolor crayons and aqua painters and embelllished with little strips of paper and ribbon. The polka dot card is one of the ones that came with the envelopes.

If I had time I would have had everything match the papers outside too. I stamped the little flower in regal rose on the envelope too to match.

No comments: