Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fifth Avenue Floral

I ordered this set as soon as I saw it in the catalogue- I just love the simple elegance of it. It is as its name suggests New York Chic.

I thought these colors would reflect the mood of urban sophsitication- white, sahara sand and black and I think it works.
The flowers are all stamped in Sahara Sand- edge the paper with eyelet border punch, added a buckle from Silver Hodgepodge Hardware with white taffeta ribbon and stamped the sentiment in black and punched out with large oval punch. Substitute whatever sentiment you like. This was one of my projects at my workshop last night and sentiments from Thank you kindly set worked beautifully too- sponge the edges with sahara and you are good to go.

One of my pet peeves is really dark color base cardstock where it is hard to write a message inside- like this black base card.








So I added another white cardstock inside, stamped the flowers in sahara sand- and it added a nice touch and a surface you can actually write on should I ever actually send this card to someone.......

I am ready for some sunshine............

Lynda

No comments: