Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stampin' Around- unmounting

I did this post a while ago and forgot to post it- I have a sample to show you to follow so here it is:

The Friendly Words wheel is ripe for unmounting. I have heard of people unmounting the wheel in the past but I really like wheeling big sheets of paper using the stampin' around ink instead of doing short runs the way we do with cards so I have always resisted UNTIL NOW- at least with this wheel.





The words are so beautiful and I wanted to be able to accent a section of it. so yes. I am crazy but I bought another wheel just to unmount- so I got something like 14 little stamps out of that one wheel which is still a bargain and you waste one little word- Confidant- that overlapped with another image. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to cut it- sharp scissors worked well for me but be forewarned- some words were a little tight cutting. This is the sentiment I used on the 3/30/09 post on the Manhatten Flowers Embossing Folder Card sample #1.



I am just praying that Stampin' Up will come out with clingmounted stamp options as many other companies do, in the future- it will save wood and shipping- and me having to mount it. Even if they cost the same, it will save so much space for those of us space challenged stampers, hint hint......



I just saw some stamps being sold at Cranberry Hill Merchantile in Sunnyvale, CA by Darcies in the larger DVD cases in clingmount the way I have been storing my larger stampsets so maybe somebody is listening!



Lynda

No comments: