Monday, September 7, 2009

Texture,texture, texture!

There are so many ways to add texture to your cards and I LOVE the stampin Up and Sizzix texture plates,and embossing folders and my whole colllection of Cuttlebug stuff is a dream for any cardmaker. This note for you (retired SU set ) card was a swap from last year's Stampin' Up convention but I did not use it as it seemed to lack a little something. But when I layered it with the notes folder embossed pink pirouette paper (sorry, also retired!) it really looks more together.






This is the Party Hearty set done two different ways in chocolate with chocolate taffeta ribbon for that masculine feel with the numbers embossing folder from CB - I love using this one for any birthday card- it always adds a little je ne sais quoi!
This is more girly with another SU retired Designer Series paper that I adore and has been hoarding.... The polka dots add just that extra texture that makes the card feel more expensive. there is glitter on the center of the b although it is hard to see.


This is one of the new CB embossing folders the stars that reinforces the theme of the stars on the card and it just finishes the card off. They have a few others out new that I just had to add to my collection.
If I can anyone from these companies to listen, I would love a woodgrain texture impressions embossing folder. Wouldn't it be adorable to emboss it in chocolate and have things hanging from it or have an owl peeking through it? Or brick wall or maybe even brick fence texture impressions embossing folder with climging flowers and veins on it or someone sitting on the fence?
A girl can only dream.....
Lynda





No comments: