Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009


Now that most of my cards have gone out, I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and show you my Christmas card this year.
I searched high and low for the sleigh die as I did not wish to cut one hundred of them as I did the popout house last year and I found one on sale from Spellbinders. I found one from Sizzix after that but I love the detail from the embossing after cutting. It has a dazzling diamond glitter detail on the Santa and reindeer (from Wandering Words set) as well as on the trees and snow and around the greeting although hard to see here.
It is an easel card as you can see from the side.
Inside I stamped the top sentiment from the Scenic season in night of navy then the seaon's greetings in real red. Our name was a custom stamp from Stampin' Up. The snow flakes were punched by my poor mother who probably got carpal tunnel from it.
The picture of the kids on the front was what came out of over 500 pictures taken from me, my DH and my FIL and some serious photoshop merging of 3 different photos. All my friends with grown up children keep telling me that it will get easier but it's hard to believe when you are living it.

Instead of Christmas Pudding with brandy butter, my MIL brought this delectable tray of goodies- Marzipan fruits, petit fours, jelly fruits and chocolate mousse in chocolate cups to name a few-which we devoured with abandon after a hearty prime rib dinner my DH cooked to perfection. Truly Happy Holidays!
Lynda


No comments: