Monday, December 28, 2009

Something Sweet Gumball Card





I love the concept of Sweet Treat Cups. Although mailing them requires a special envelope, it is such a fun card that I love using them for birthday cards, especially for little kids. They love finding the trap door in the back them opens to let them sneak a treat.

This card uses the Big Shot with the Curly Label Movers and Shapers Die to fit the Holiday Window and the Punch windows die that matches some of the punches exactly.

The base card is Rich Razzleberry. I layered it with pumpkin and white on the front using the Dotto (so I can peel it back up to put the Sweet Treat cup between the layers) then used the Circle Holiday Window die with the Big Shot to cut through all 3 layers. I also used the Punch Windows Die that matched the modern label punch to diecut the base card with the Razzleberry Lemonade on the bottom. The trick with this part is that the die is too high up on the Movers and Shapers die even if it is flush up against the die. ( If you have one of these dies and you try to die cut the card you will know what I mean. ) You will need to put the bottom of the card up a bit from the edge where you want it cut, lining up the sides that have already been cut, then diecut the Modern Window then roll back over to get the card out so you don't crease and cut the card again.

I stamped the gumball machine in Melon Mambo and some gumballs as well as in Green Galore and so saffron. Some Gumballs were stamped in scrap white CS and cut out-- If Stampin' Up is reading this, I NEED a 3/8 inch circle punch for this!- -I also stamped it on the piece of CS on both sides that I used to close the trap door so that when all the candy is gone, you still see the gumballs through the window.

I punched a round tab out of pumpkin CS to attach to the trapdoor to make it easier to pull out.

Stamp white CS with sentiment and use the real modern label punch to punch it out. It will fit perfectly inside the window. Tie a little melon mambo polka dot ribbon and Bob's your uncle!

OOOOH, I can't wait to show you all the goodies in the Occasions Mini Catalogue and the Sale-a-Bration!

Lynda

No comments: