Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mickey Birthday

I love Disney. When EK came out clear stampsets of all the heroines- Jasmine. Cinderella, I had to have it and searched high and low until I found it. Never mind that I have only boys and not sure when I will ever get a chance to use them! I then saw a similar Mickey card at a LSS and cased it for this card- I thought the image would be perfect for a little boy's card. I took Mickey ( they also have another set with Minnie, and another with Donald, Goofy and Pluto ) and stamped him in black pigment ink on white CS and then embossed him. Colored him in with blush blossom, real red and curry markers. The scallop image is a retired SU called so many scallops that matches the punch perfectly. Colored the stamp using red inkpad then used blender pen to take off the ink on the candletop then colored it in with the curry marker(Easy technique to get a little different color on a larger stamped image). It was raised up with the dimensionals and tied a little natural cord to make it look "balloonish". The Mickey paper I had for a long time, not sure from where though and the ribbon is from Creative Imag*nation from the Disney line also. The whole thing is mounted on a textured red cardstock. A little three year old boy got this card for his birthday- Happy birthday Marcus!

Lynda

No comments: