Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Milk Carton Dog house

I have been playing with the Stampin'Up milk carton diecut since I got it. It has so many potentials and it is so darling. I have seen some birdhouse and other really sweet ideas that I have other people do and I have worked on but this doghouse idea is mine - I came up with this for my little Dylan who loves dogs. It came out after I screwed up the punching of the hole for the birdhouse I was working on and I thought since it was ruined I would make it to something the kids could play with and then i thought it could be a dog house so this is what I came up with.








Diecut the milkcarton in real red CS. I wheeled the love wheel in versamark to get a subtle detail on the house adn punched out the door using the dogtag punch from Stampin up as shown. I put a roof over the house using Background bas*cs- retro stampset from PTI that I've had forever- (but doesn't it look like little shingles?) and you've got your doghouse.

This dog is a variation from the dog face that Marisa Huang showed us (see the steps of the dog face shown below). The face was too big for the dog house so I used smaller punches for the face and snout but the ear and the eyepatch- (upside down here) still uses the word window and the tongue and tail uses the horizontal slot. The body and the legs are small oval and the eyes and the nose is the 1/8 inch punch. (I forgot to highlight the eye before I took the picture- sorry) the dog bone is a punch from All n*ght media from eons ago that just was perfect.


Here are the things needed for the dogface that has been posted before.





This is the final dog and house. Have fun with this!
Lynda


No comments: