Friday, March 19, 2010

3D flower- Extra Large Fancy Flower punch, WT261

Time keeps slipping from my fingers and I realized I've neglecting you all- I have all these projects to show you but with life just speeding by I have not had the chance to upload my projects to share with you.

My March stampin workshop was All About Flowers- 3 D flowers of all kinds- I will share many of the techniques from the class here in the next month step by step.

I learned this 3D flower technique using the extra large fancy flower punch from Stampin Up from Julie Williams here: http://simistamper.blogspot.com/2010/02/instructions-for-paper-rose.html


I used the new on-board heart book from SU occasions mini catalogue that comes with 8 die cut pages. I laid the chipboard onto a cutting mat to cut the pretty in pink cardstock for the base layer (remember, I am scissor challenged ). I punched the holes for the ribbon with my cropadile. I then adhered the paper then sanded the edges to get a perfect fit. I then cut a strip of Sending Love Specialty designer paper the same way to add interest and sparkle on the bottom. ( my favorite paper -EVER!)

The flowers are made from 3 flowers cut as instructed. I did find that you had to cut quite a bit from the bottom of all the pieces for it to layer properly and some dimensionals between the flower layers to maintain the 3D look helped some. The Tombo multimono adhesive (the green bottle) seems to adhere it better than tape- just FYI. I also made some rose buds to match using left over pieces- although I did not show it here.


This is the little inspirational hanger we all made.

One of my stamping friends stamped, "little angel " from the little angel set from the same occasions mini catalogue for a friend who is having a baby which would make a wonderful keepsake. I thought for a wedding would be wonderful with initials of the couple and date or some other meaningful sentiment.

A little glitter around the edge or ribbon attached in an accordion would also be very pretty.

Happy Spring!

Lynda

No comments: