Friday, April 23, 2010

5 circle paper flower


Another paper flower idea I used for my workshop.
The flowers are made with 5- 1 inch circles - here with raspberry lemonade DSP but any double sided DSP you like will do. The base card is melon mambo with whisper white cardstock on top, that has been run through the big shot with the perfect polkadot folder but with a frame with an oval opening on top of the folder for selective embossing- (the frame is made of wood I bought at local *chaels for less than one buck), corners rounded.
The flowers are pretty easy. You can measure out 1/5 of 360 degrees and fold it - or take any perfect 5 sided star- here I used the SU star punch- cut off the arms as shown- 2 on one and 1 on the other- I used the one arm sticking out to tape the two together to create the perfect angle



use the template, place the corner on the edge of the circle with the sides showing pretty even- the fold the edges over-


like this- make 5 circles and voila- easy peasy 5 leaf flower with any size circle punch.
I used 1/4 old olive strip for the stem and used a folded olive cardstock put only partially into the same circle punch to create the leaf, ran it through the crimper with it still folded to make the leaf. Tape down the flower leaving the flaps alone for added dimension. Place a rhinestone brad to match in the center and a cute flower you can mail!



Add a 1/2 inch strip banner in so saffron with sentiment of your choice- attached with dimensionals to add some curve and lift and another easy peasy card you can easily show in your workshop.
enjoy!
Lynda


2 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Hi Lynda, thanks for stumbling upon my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I love this folded flower idea and will have to give it a try. Have a wonderful day!

Linda & Teri said...

Hi, Lynda. When I googled "paper flowers," I came across your blog. I loved your tutorials on all your pretty paper flowers. I demonstrated your flowers at my local SU group (Gateway Glitter 'n Ink) and told them all to check out your blog. I provided them with the links. You are very talented and I love your cards. Thanks for being my inspiration!