Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SCS challenge CAS65, TLC271 and CC249


Is it May already? Mother's Day is just around the corner and SCS put a couple of challenges that I rolled into one card.
The base card is whisper white. The Sweet Pea Image from Papertr*y is stamped in black on Vellum Cardstock in the front, turned over and colored in with Cameo Coral and Gable Green SU Markers using the blender pen to soften - on vellum it takes longer to dry so easier to do then on plain cardstock.
Then I took the vellum and used Long Oval die from Spellb*nders to impress the oval without cutting then used my Sc*repad to score the lines evey 1/2 inch on a diagonal then used my stampin up brass template and an empressor to make the little polka dots in the center. The whole thing was mounted using Xyr*n to get a clean adhesion to the cardstock ( I find even the vellum tape still sometimes show and it bugs me) The TLC271 challenge was to use vellum with some embossing technique.
The sentiment is from Women of Life from PTI as well on white in Lovely Lilac mounted on same color CS (CC249 challenge was to use cameo, liliac and gable green- all retiring, SIGH!
The sentiment is mounted using dimensionals and glue dots to create the banner effect.
Button is from SU Button Latte collection with a gable green cardstock leaf I freehand cut.
So here is my clean and simple Mother's day card for CAS65.
Enjoy!
Lynda

No comments: