Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sumi-e card


I just went gaga over these Suiboku clear stamps from Kodomo *nc. I loved the simple hand drawn look of the design and was able to get some before they ran out and have been dying to use them but did not have much opportunity. I am in the midst of making my annual thank you gifts for my children's teachers and one of them seems to like simple serene type of cards so I am making some variations for her.
This came out of SCS challenge IC229 from Green Rainbow and saw some asian cards that inspired me to get my butt in gear and make some of these. Inspiration here at http://www.greenrainbowshop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GreenRainbowShop&Category_Code=eco-home_stationary
The image is stamped on a Fabriano paper- that I have been hoarding- with its slightly rough hewn texture is perfect for that homemade look- with tuxedo black mement* inkpad and the cricket colored in with river rock. The seal is in ridinghood red. The paper is torn and not cut to maintain the handmade look of the paper- mounted on river rock base card with dimensionals for an ultimate in simplicity card. You could use watercolor paper instead.
Lynda
Quote of the day:
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. "
Raymond Lindquist

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This card reminds me so much when my mother did sumie painting. TFS.