Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Elements of Style Play


I was playing with the elements of style cards from the IC238 challenge and had this little piece left over. I have so much of little scraps that I keep saying -" I'll do something with it later..." but later usually does not come. So, I have this gigantic pile of things I want to do- uh... something - that is taking on a life of its own in my little room that I am making a challenge not to have any left overs- or put the left overs back in the proper color folders so I do not have this big mess in my room.
So, this is my scrap card. Took a melon mambo basecard, ran it through the big shot using the square lattice folder. Wrapped a piece of polkadot melon mambo ribbon backwards around the corner then slapped the piece onto the base card using sticky strip. I wante to add some flowers but the images I tried all looked "flat". Then of course, I had to do something un-flat so the 3D flowers. The flowers are in pretty in pink and edge sponged in melon. Little pearls are from the pretties kit- applied to the center using multi-mono glue- it's the best for this. Stamped the leaves from God's Beauty- retired hostess set- in artichoke onto olive and cut out. Very sweet I thought.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very, very pretty.

inkspiring you 2 stamp said...

Hi I would love to know what you used to make the flowers. Is it one of the punches?? Your work is so inspiring
thanks
Liz
xx