Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's with this backorder problem?


Most people who know me understand that I am normally a patient person. I can go to school for 16 years, train for another 5 to finally
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
get to where I am- but hey, there is a limit to how long I will wait for a embossing folder- no matter HOW CUTE IT MAY BE!
I ordered square lattice embossing folders for some friends over 6 weeks ago and I finally got them today. My preview vintage folder? no where to be seen. My catalogue that I ordered almost 4 weeks ago? not a clue.
I am looking out the window for the guy in the brown getup and he is nowhere to be seen.
For my friends who have waited all this time, I wanted to say sorry and I was searching for some sentiment to express it when I realized what the giraffe was saying on the It's the thought set (level 1 hostess from the summer mini). Perfect! Seriously, Long time, no see.
Stamped it in black on white cardstock, sponged the edge in apricot, mounted it on amethyst cardstock that I ran through the square lattice folder using sticky strip.
To attach the ribbon, I took the new 1/8 inch ribbon in daffodil, looped it through the hole, and put a fire circle crystal brad through the same hole and mounted the hole thing onto suede cardstock base.





This is how it looks in the back- a tiny piece of ribbon with a lot of bang for the buck. Now you know why I never throw ANYTHING out. (much to the dismay of my DH)
I printed out a sentiment that I typed on microsoft word that said "thank you for your patience!" using a premium paper, punched it out with the large oval punch and attached it inside with Dotto so if the recipient wanted to remove it they could easily do so by rubbing out the dots of repositionable glue.
I took the colors from the SCS color challenge CC276 for soft suede, apricot and amethyst. I really like the combo and will have to remember to use it again in the future- uh, wait- amethyst retired! Darn, should have bought more cardstock.....oh well.
Live your life without regret!



No comments: