Friday, July 30, 2010

Hello Kitty Birthday


My life is filled with boys and all boy paraphenalia- legos, cars, building blocks. Still, when I went on line and saw that Hello Kitty Sizzix dies were on sale, I bought them. Why? I don't know... I just WANTED them. I thought maybe some day I will have granddaughters- when? well, considering my kids are still under 10 I think I got a long time to wait. But I found out that one of my friends' little girls is celebrating her birthday this week so I revelled in the chance to make a card with this die. The base card is pirouette pink, the blue DSP is retired SU from Sale-a bration a while back, the clouds are die cut from MFT cloud trio die with whisper white, the largest is stamped with sentiment from On your Birthday set in basic black. The DSP for the dress is Sending Love- retired with melon mambo, celery and so saffron DSPballoons.
If your birthday is close, hope you have a good one!
Lynda

3 comments:

Patti said...

I know what you mean. I have a boy too. I really want the cricut spongebob cartridge, but now he is too old. I don't know how to justify it!

Alex said...

I love Hello Kitty :) This card is adorable, and will be loved by all *little* girls!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Wendie said...

I totally hear you on girl stuff! I love Hello Kitty and have been so tempted to buy the dies! 30 years ago I bought tons of Hello Kitty Stuff for my nieces. I have all boys in my life - doesn't look like there will be any grandaughters. Hope you get your wish!