Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ok so it's not a 10 minute card



Is this not adorable? I was working on a card with ideas to showcase non-brown owls peeking out from a hole in the tree and saw a card by Thonz on splitcoast and it just sealed it for me. I had this card at my workshop and the "girls" just loved it so here it is for you.


Base card is whisper white. Take crumbcake CS and stamp it with the woodgrain background with soft suede inkpad. Punch out 2 circles using 1 3/8 inch circle punch. punch out the owl using the variety of colors you see here. I chose these colors because I happened to have DSP in these colors. The eyes work best if you put a dot of glue where you want the black dots to go and then use the tweezers to place the blackdots onto the eye rather than trying to put a tiny dot of glue onto the black piece by the way.


Stamp friend to friend from teeny tiny wishes using suede again and punch out with word window punch. I tied chocolate chip grosgrain because I did not have expresso but worked well here and that was it. The card is pretty easy - the punching out of different parts too a while though.
While we were experimenting with the owls for one of my new stamping friend, who needed owl from different colors and I learned that if you take a 3 coordinating but different color 3x3 piece of cardstock and punch it out 3 times using the owl punch, you can get 3 different looking owls. I would do white eyeballs and black separately though. These circles are not quite 1/8. 3/8 and 1/2 so hand punches cannot substitute for this punch as I found out. To make it easier I did some prepunching before the workshop to speed things along which I think helped some. I am right now off for an hour drive into the city for a all day medical meeting-you all know I'd rather be sitting here doing this stuff with you all....... I hope at least YOU have a nice weekend!


Lynda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So CUTE!!!

Chris

Carolyn said...

i just found your blog, oh my goodness, i love the owls, Everything is is also beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn