Wednesday, August 18, 2010

D is for Dog


This is the card I made for the CC284 color challenge http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/color-combinations-f43/cc284-always-cherry-pink-8-17-10-a-t502826.html and CAS80 - clean and simple challenge sketch here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas80-sketch-stampingout-8-16-10-a-t502710.html but I turned it upside down and used an image instead of the ribbon.
Used pretty in pink base card with white on top. The sentiment is stamped with always artichoke as is the dog. Die cut the rectangle scallop with white and cherry and trimmed the white to fit perfectly inside the cherry. punched a dotted ribbon in cherry for the bottom and artichoke for the top- only used the 1/2 of the artichoke under the cherry strip that was heat embossed with white embossing powder after stamping the dog bones with white craft. the hills on the top- where the dog would romp around were just half inch strips of pretty in pink and artichoke that I had left over from trimming so much cardstock that I slipped into extra large oval punch and just punched it for even oval hillshapes. I tried to use the other half of the dotted scallop and layered other colors but it just looked messy- and this just seemed cleaner and more appropriate. My natural light lamp died on me this morning so this is the best I could do with the picture. I hope all I need is another bulb....... Thanks for looking!
Lynda

No comments: