Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Friends Never Fade - variation





Sometimes after a workshop I have cut extra pieces and I will just make extra of what I designed to have on hand to use or as part of a gift pack for someone. Sometimes it sits on my desk for weeks or even months waiting for me to have some time to do something with it and never gets done until I decide I better put the pieces back into their coordinating color folders. But with this DSP I wanted to do something different and come up with variations using the same papers that I cut for the class so I will show you several that I came up with over the next few days. The base card is poppy embossed wtih polka dot folder on the bottom edge only, stamped with sentiment in black. The DSP was cut originally for an upright card at 4 1/4 inch so was too short for this card so I cut it and split it where I could hide it behind the stamped image to make it fit and used a ruler to line it up so it looked like a long piece. The daffodil piece was embossed with elegant lines. the image was colored with markers poppy and pear pizzazz. Iused the 2 way glue pen to add dazzling diamond glitter to the flower image, stamped friends in pear and added 2 little crystal jewels to the side and a very simple and elegant card for a friend.








Lynda

No comments: