Saturday, August 28, 2010

Makani's Wizard and my Wizard Owl

My friend Makani called to see if I had time to play and I had so much fun last week, I just had to say yes! Besides ME having a ball (totally selfish- I know) , she bring over her teenage son who patiently plays with my kids who just ADORE him. My DH gets out of watching the kids and the whole family is happy happy. But through all this I did 2 loads of laundry, gave the kids all a bath and got the little ones to sleep on time- Makani was probably wondering why it takes so long to get a inkpad from a room down the hall though each time I disappear.



Look at this card- is it not just darling? She layers this -I believe- Imaginesce paper that is such hoot with the glittering owls on it and layered it over lovely lilac CS. She stamped the wizard from LaLa Land Cr*fts- I love the little owl on the top of the staff. She colored it with cop*cs and cut it out. She then layered some grass and the new Halloween fence punched from MS using dimensionals to lift it up and it is a really cool card.



She then stamped a few wizards for me so I could make some cards in the future and of course the owl lady in me came out. I mean look at that hat and the outfit! Would it not be the perfect size for my owl?















So I cut the hat, gown and the staff and colored it in using her exact color palette- why invent the wheel when it has been so conveniently done for you?


But the wizard just looked a bit lonely. She had also brought over some Cuttleb*g Mickey Mouse dies for the halloween and it had a broom and the summer beach one had the buckets and my little twisted mind kept crawling back to the sorcerer's apprentice idea so I had to try it. I am not sure how it worked but it is slowly growing on me. The broom was cut out 3 times and the bucket twice (I was trying to do 3 different brooms but they got too busy on the card). Cut 2 extra brooms to make arms for the first broom guy and I used Cop*cs to color in the raised ares to add some texture. Makani sat there and die cut and embossed all these pieces for me so this is a total collaboration card!) I stamped 4th of July (summer mini SU- gone at the end of this month! ) and embossed it in silver EP after stamping with versamark pad. Used some liquid appl*que (same white as I used yesterday on my ski bunny) and colored it with my B32 Cop*c (my favorite for sky and soft blue) to make it look more like water sloshing around and dribbling on the floor.



The owl was punched in crumbcake and the wing from the bird punch in same. Cut out the wizard outfit from the above and cut a slit in the arm to slide the wing in. I raised the whole thing on a couple of dimensionals to really make it pop out because it just seem to need the dimension.


I think I need to fix the nose though looking at it from here.


Here is the detail on the bewitched broom!


May your weekend be Magical!


Lynda



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hiya

i just found your delightful site and have to say i think i am in love with your owl ideas-they are just so cute!!! thanks so much for sharing

cheers ears