Monday, September 20, 2010

Bells and Boughs

Using the same cardbase as yesterday's post i made this using the new belles and boughs set from SU mini.

First I stenciled the ridinghood red piece with DS Vintage frames stencil- really cool with the dauber with same colors- then pierced the unstenciled side with the paper piercing tool.

After I rub the cardstock with the embossing buddy, I stamped the sentiment in versamark and sprinkled gold embossing powder then heated it.

Using the same technique, I stamped the poinsettia image onto vanilla and then went to town watercoloring it using the blender pen and the classic ink pads using the same colors again with different concentration of color loaded on the blender pen to give a bit of varigated color, and did the same for the old olive pad to make the leaves and the pines.

I added an old SU gold elastic cord to add a little sparkle and another easy card using the same window idea.

You can create the same look by stamping the same image on a piece of card stock and just layering it on top of the ridinghood red piece- no window needed.
I thought of stamping another piece of paper with the poinsettia and cutting it out to do a tole picture thing but was too lazy to do it- I like things simple.

Try stenciling a border- it is so easy, adds so much and I just LOVE it!
Thanks for visiting!
Lynda

No comments: