Sunday, September 12, 2010

Builder Wheel with a punched border


Someone asked me to demonstrate a card using the stampin wheel and I thought it would be fun to show the builder wheels. This a really easy card that has a lot of drama. Take the base real red cardstock and embosse it with the polka dot embossing folder. Take a piece of whisper white CS. Take the builder wheel, add the candles and stripe builder with a gap in between. I have one triple cartridge that has pumpkin, melon mambo and celery in it (I thought long and hard on this one- these are sort of pricey and I wanted to make sure that it was a combo I would use a lot). I added the red satin ribbon in the center.

I wanted to have a celery border to repeat the color on the wheel but was using the dotted ribbon punch I wanted to use on another card at the workshop. So (neccesity being mother of inventions) I used the same punch as the accent piece, cut it as shown and adhered it behind the wheeled white piece to make the accent on the top border- FUN! Use the same decorative label to punch out a piece of pumpkin pie CS. Used the sentiment from the On your birthday set to stamp it in real red onto whisper white, punched it out with the scallop oval punch, added a few rhinestone jewels and Voila, another easy peasy card. You could make a whole mess of these using different color base cardstock and ribbon to match- I think it would look good with chocolate chip, pacific blue, concord grape, to name a few.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Lynda




No comments: