Thursday, September 9, 2010

Candy wrapper die - four fingers is the key!


This is a little CASE I took from the SU catalogue. I liked the candy wrap die but had some trouble figuring out how to work it but now I have it down.
The most important thing is that you have to have good fold lines to make it easy and I reinforce it by pre folding it before I tape it together.
Once I crease everything and tape the box, then grab the end as shown, using 4 fingers in each of the corners (I lifted my index finger so you could see the other fingers)




Then TWIST it like a faucet handle in one direction.



It should at least look like this. It keeps closed secure even without a tie!. You could even flatten it out completely.
I had used the die to emboss the spider web on one of my first projects using this die and it was a complete failure because the embossed lines kep getting screwed up with the fold lines. So, if you emboss, maybe only emboss the center panel may make it possible- better yet, take another piece of CS, emboss IT then wrap it around the candy box. DSP works well but I think regular CS works best for this project.



This is the final project using the witch from the fangtastic set. I took a pumpkin pie CS diecut it, then stamped the images in black, stamped another image onto white and cut it out to make this sweet little treat.
Enjoy!
Lynda


No comments: