Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Motto in Life


There are so many things that bog us down- work, demands of family, keeping a clean house, marriage, grocery shopping, laundry- the everyday mundane activities sometimes take away your ability to enjoy what it is that you are doing- I actually love the smell of fresh laundry, cookies in the oven, roses in bloom, sound of my kids laughing or my husband snoring. It tells me that all is well with the world- I tell my patients that nobody ever says on their deathbed- I wished I worked more or kept a cleaner house- it's always about spending more time with people you love, having done things that you would not have if you knew you did not have any more life time to do it. So take a breath today- look around you- take a minute to really enjoy your life- as simple or as complicated as it may be. You are here for a purpose. Take time to Enjoy the simple things.

I saw this Housemouse stamp in the stash that Makani was going to sell off and I had to have it for myself. I want to be like that mouse even if I tend to be the one under the umbrella.
The image is stamped in black memento and colored in with Cop*cs.
Added some tiny rhinestone jewels to make it look like water glistening. Layered the whole thing on turquoise and poppy. I punched the dotted scallop border ribbon and cut it longways into 2 to split it above and below the sentiment to create a subtle scallop border. the sentiment was written by hand using the 0.5 copic liner in black, and added some larger bling to the corners as well and voila! not too difficult a card- hardest part is trying to figure out what umbrella colors I wanted to use.....
Lynda

2 comments:

Makani said...

Love it! Great idea for the raindrops. And where did you get that perfect saying? YOU MADE MY DAY! No more worries for me to obsess on.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely!
I know you are brilliant with the owl punch; being a doctor, have you thought about a get well owl card? I'm drawing a blank!!