Monday, October 25, 2010

a simple christmas card


I am in love with this waffle paper. I wish they would change the name though to something more glam though. I wanted to show you a very simple christmas card you can change up with any accent you wanted.
Here I took a real red basecard. Took a strip of Deck the halls DSP 1/2 inch wide, added a 3/4 inch strip of real red behind it, added sticky strip to the 2 edges in the back and used waffle paper strips to add some pleats. I also used sticky strip to stick the whole thing on to the base card. Remember that there is a shiny and matte side to the waffle paper and use the side you want to show on both sides. I stamped the dec 25 image from tags for christmas set in red craft ink onto crumbcake to sort of match the DSP, then embossed the whole thing with clear embossing powder to make it shine although hard to see here. The whole thing was punched out with the matching decorative label punch- Don't you just LOVE the matching punch thing? The tag was mounted with some dimensionals to make it pop a bit and easy peasy card for a monday. I love these really simple cards. You can add any accent piece where the tag would go, the ornament punch, a large circle, or whatever. I may try some different ones too.
Happy Monday!
Lynda

No comments: