Thursday, March 24, 2011

A bouquet of flowers






I just love this card- I was tempted to send it in to SU but thought it was too simple. I've done variations on this before but I just love the First edition DSP for this. It just looks like newspare. Took a little square of it left over from another project, maybe 2x2 or so and glued it in the front overlap and tied it with linen thread as they would in a french open air market. Embossed the crumb cake CS as shown here http://stampingdoc.blogspot.com/2009/10/embossing-selective.html and stamped just for you from the teeny tiny wishes set in white. I punched a bunch of flowers from the itty bitty shapes punch set, rolled it using he stylus as shown yesterday and stuck a tiny pearl in the center- I think I've gone through 3 packs of these pearl jewels from Stampin Up in the last few month- I just love them so. I punched a bunch of leaves using the two step bird punch using old olive and set them up to look more 3 D using dimensionals behind some leaves and flowers- yes I did cut them into quarters so they would not show. Try your hand at this. It is reasonably easy with the beautiful punches we have and the DSP makes it just look perfect. Enjoy!
Lynda

7 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

What a fun card.

Marie-Anne

Stacey said...

Lynda - that card is not too simple to send in! Sometimes simple is hard for people, and this is a great card! You should send it in today! Good luck!

Maree said...

Really sweet card. :)

sandy said...

Absolutely you should send it into SU; it is not too simple! Sometimes simple is hard to make and this is a great clean looking card! You should send it in!

-Susan- said...

Send this card in Lynda!!!! It's a winner! Absolutely love it!

Diane Barnes said...

I just love your bouquet Lynda - such a great idea & the flowers look so pretty. Inky wishes, Di

That Little Nut said...

I totally agree with the not too simple comments - I think it's just simple enough, KWIM? Very pretty and clean looking, not super-hard to do, but not something that anyone would have thought of, either! I think that color combination would look great in Stampin' Success!