Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happiness shared


I don't know why but I just really like this set- this and every moment has been on my want list for a long time and I finally gave it. I like the simplicity of the image, a chance to color- it's the kindergartener in me I guess. Sometimes I go overboard with punches and all the embellishments but I find the simple cards really appealing to my senses-
Base is real red, with a old olive on top of that stamped with the leaves from the same set all around to just add a little interest. top note in white die cut. Stamp the flower and sentiment in StazOn and color in with the water color crayons directly to paper then use the aqua painter to blend it in. Stamped the flower in old olive over the sentiment.


As it stood, it kind of looked blah so I added a little pearl in the center but I wanted the stamen of the flower to stand out a little so I used the Black Chunky Essential Glitter to make the anther part pop out a bit and I thought it looked a lot better. I jsut used a little bit of two way glue pen to apply just a little bit of glue where I wanted it and it just stuck. I did use the piercing tool to take some of the glitter that stuck on the pearl though - I guess I did not do well with the glue.... oh well.

enjoy!
Lynda

No comments: