Friday, September 23, 2011

A monochromatic GIve thanks



I wanted to make a card to show my appreciation - something different, not too hard to make- I saw an envelope in the mini with the wreath from Bright Hopes set that I thought looked more graphic and not so christmas-y -is that a word?


The base is crumbcake with a layer of whisper white with right upper corner rounded- just adds a tiny bit more interest in that corner doesn't it? I initially stamped the wreaths in versamark but when I tried to stamp the sentiment, the embossing powder stuck all over it - so I just did it in Sahara Sand onto Sahara Sand Cardstock 3 times as shown then used embossing buddy to make sure everything was dry then Hand Stamped Sentiment- don't you just love the beautiful penmenship? using versamark and heat embossed it after sprinkling pewter EP- It is really subtley beautiful- not so blatant as silver - LOVE IT! I tried to add a white ribbon but it seemed to ruin the effect so I left it out. Round the corner and voila- I thought it would make a beautiful wedding card if I had the right sentiment in the same style- hear that Stampin up?


Happy Friday!

No comments: