Thursday, December 1, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas...










I saw this little clipboard memopad and pen set at my local Michaels while looking for some quick gifts to make for a gift exchange for $3 and loved the memo pad and it was a perfect match to our melon mambo but just didn't love the funky 60's pad or pen so I tooke some Beyond the garden DSP and covered the front- did take some care to cut around the clipboard carefully - and glued it down with with our liquid multimono glue and sticky tape around the edges and presto perfect coverage. I did cover the back with another piece of same DSP in different color to finish. I also took a tiny piece of same DSP to cover the pen- put sticky tape on all four sides of the DSP after measuring and covered it- the pen clip is way at the top so just needed a rectangular piece which was easy peasy to do.


It did look a little plain so I punched a hole using my cropadile and like butter! it made the hole on the top of the metallic clip, added the flower brad with some crystal jewels, curled the brad legs around to hold it in place and a quick and easy home made gift for someone on your list!




You could personalize it with the recipient's initial stamped on the memopad but I kept it plain as I did not know who was getting this at the gift exchange....




Lynda



No comments: