Wednesday, December 7, 2011

On the Seventh Day of Christmas



The Christmas Lodge makes me
feel so Christmas-sy- singing "there is no place like home for the holidays..." white Christmas and all that we never get in California- that is one thing I really miss about my old house in Ohio is sitting by the big bay window next to our Christmas tree looking down at the miles of snow and the tiretracks made by the few cars that dared to be out. Sticking your tongue out and letting the snowflakes melt. It's a ritual of childhood that I will always remember....


Stamped Christmas Lodge in Navy, the made an stencil with an oval cut out from the scallop oval original big shot die - I taped the scallop back on so I only used the oval- with bashful blue sponged around the house. I stamped the sentiment below the house, then the tree twice. Stamped the sentiment again in red and cut it out and layered over a red streip to make it pop. I added some dimensional snow with white liquid applique and added dazzling diamonds glitter on top of that and on the trees.

Corner round the cardstock and layer it onto a real red basecard- and it is almost a 2 layer card that has lot so dimensions that would mail easy for the holidays. So, if you haven't started your greeting cards yet, get your bottom going! before they become Happy New Year cards.....


Lynda

No comments: