Sunday, December 18, 2011

A simple thank you



I can't believe Christmas is only a week away- This whole weekend was filled with just Holiday Card making, taking pictures of the kids- no group pictures this year to photoshop!- for the cards, putting the cards together and addressing all the cards. I am pretty awful with keeping up with friends- so many dear friends all over the world and life just gets in the way of staying in touch. So once a year I send out cards to family and friends from school to let them know that I am thinking about them. My birthday is right before Christmas so I never get a chance to relax with everything that needs to be done no matter what I promise myself at the beginning of the year- it always takes longer than I imagined......

but handmade cards are a labor of love.....much that is unspoken.


This is a little card I made using the Borderline (one of my current go to favorites from the Stampin Up IB&C) and Curly Cute sentiment set. Ink the stamp using the certainly celery ink then use Lucky limeade and artichoke markers to highlight some leaves then huff and stamp onto whisper white CS. Layer it on to Lucky Limeade CS and mount the whole strip onto whisper white CS. Stamp the sentiment of your choice using Lucky Limeade and a Clean and Simple almost one layer card you can whip up in a jiffy!


Do take a breath this holiday season to enjoy it for what it is!

Lynda

No comments: