Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rosenberry Rooms blue and black bag

Splitcoast had an inspiration challenge using a company called Rosenberry Rooms specializing in children's rooms and and there a diaper bag caught my eye- http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/169-chocolate-ice-diaper-tote.html
I love the pale blue and black combination so I decided to make a replica using - of course - the Petite Purse die.  I die cut the purse with Pool party CS and another in basic black. Cut off the top part  of the pool party one to create an open purse.  Trim the black one to make a border on the bottom 1/2 inch all around.  I used the cropadile to punch an 1/8 inch circles to thread the ribbon (I punched it so there would be ribbon going around each corner) then tied it as shown (actually it's the back because the front has that tiny slit for the closure I did not want to see in the front...) Added the 1/8 in taffeta ribbon for handles (tucked it in under the ribbon using tiny glue dots so it is as neat on the inside ) and my little purse is ready for an outing!

Enjoy!
Lynda