Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet thread simply sent bundle

 I've been a fan of cross stitch for many years having made several pillows and eyeglass cases even.  So when I saw this it peaked my curiosity as to how I could incorporate it into cardmaking which I never tried.  It is usually a bit of effort to do it and I was concerned it would take too much time but these went in no time at all.  You can do both of these while watching an hour long show.  I stamped the sentiment first in case I screwed up; I did not want to waste the stitchwork.   I did have to be careful to not pull too hard as in certain areas the hole could rip. I used the entire strand but it was a bit thick and next time I may take a strand or two out.  I love the simplicity of it but of course I had to embellish it a bit.  On the first one, I just added a
little seambinding ribbon and on the limeaid one, a layer of raspberry ripple cardstock and used dimensionals to pop it up a bit and I think it is really sweet.  I may even try it around some other paper pierced images. So simple, cute and easy!  It's just my style.

Enjoy!

Lynda

No comments: