Wednesday, March 26, 2014

An easy little gift and tag- or how to recycle those little ziplock bags.....

I had someone new come to my stamping party and order some things including a pad and I wanted to thank them with a matching ink refill for the pad.  I always think it is a good idea to order a refill with the pads anyway especially if there is a chance that the pad could retire at the end of the season. 

I originally tied a ribbon around the bottle, added a tag, tried baker's twine but it just did not look special enough. Then I remembered this lovely tag and I stamped it using Strawberry slush and embossed it clear then diecut it and then stamped it again on basic grey and cut out the banner and layered it on top using dimensionals.  That was easy but to attach it to the bottle, I tried to put it over the bottle cap but it looked too "strangulated"
Then I remembered all these little bags I have been saving from all the past orders so I popped it inside the bag, punched a few holes on the top, threaded the cherry cobbler baker twine through the vintage faceted button and then through the bag, tied it off. Now it was  a perfect foil to clip on the tag in a beautiful and relaxed way.  I hope she enjoys it.

No comments: