Thursday, September 18, 2014

Inspired by the DSP

 I ma so in love with this All is Calm Designer Series Paper and its combo of colors.  I was in a bind last week trying to come up with a make and take idea for my workshop and I knew I wanted to show the boxmaker and with the two in mind this is what came out. 
The box is made from Lost Lagoon cut 8x8 to make this box shape.  I then cut a Smoky Slate 1 1/4 inches with a strip of 1" DSP on top to make the belly band.  The Beautiful bunch flower is stamped with Lost Lagoon twice and punched out and
once with Smoky Slate to make the center of the flower and punched out with 7/8 inch scallop circle.  Punch Pear Pizazz once with the same punch and cut into 2 leaf pieces to make the leaves.  add a little jewel to make it pop and layer it all with dimensionals.  Stamp Merry Everything tag also in Lost Lagoon- don't you love matching tag punch for these too?  - punch a little hole for the bermuda bay baker's twine - I tied it around the flower and let the ends hang .  Everything is attached to the belly band so it can be taken off without affecting the box. 
You can make a bunch of these and have it at ready for when you need a special little box.  I did not glue the sides of the box and is storing it flat for just that occasion when I need a box.  How easy is that? and I tell it it is much more prettier in person.  I think I will make some more for some other occasions.....

No comments: