Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tap, tap, tap

 I was surprised to find this stampset that I really adore make it into the next catalog and when I needed a card for my May workshop it was perfect.    I unfortunately did not have a new DSP that fit my card design so I used the Moonlight DSP which I am hoarding - I love it's color combo- a gender neutral/ slightly masculine pack perfect for this type of card. 
 The base card is Sahara Sand ( my new neutral favorite!). with a 1 inch strip of Typeset DSP and a 1/4 inch strip of Blackberry bliss. Piece of Shimmer paper was used to stamp the typewriter in Memento Black.  Then made a mask to cover the typewriter then stamped the notepaper stamp in Sahara Sand.
Then used Lost Lagoon ink to watercolor in and Hello Honey marker to add some accent.  The banner was stamped in Memento and sentiment stamped with same ink.  I used the banner die to cut out the Note banner and the piece of DSP .  The banner is cut at the top to make it fit and then I used the stapler to attach the note banner.  But after all that it still looked unfinished.  It just needed a little something.  I got the metal buttons.  I used one the letters in the long stamp to see if I can make an alphabet typekey but it was the wrong size and how could I make the card fit everyone's needs?

Well, the answer was to try the Hi sentiment.  The one on the right used 1/2 inch punch and put on a big button.  Because I had too many people in my class of the amount of buttons I had so I tried and alternate button - the circle is the larger eye circle in the owl punch but inside the smaller button with the raise lip and I think I like it even better- it really looks like one of those old fashioned type keys.  Use glue dot to adhere it - works the best.
Just change the message to Happy Father's day and it would be perfect for that too.......

Enjoy.
Lynda

No comments: